Friday, June 07, 2013

bento friday: impatience

a, um, kind of half-eaten bento

Yeah... so I totally forgot to snap a picture before I started digging in.  Oops. 

Anyway, this is one of the most stupid-simple (yet tasty!) bento I've ever made.  Plain brown rice, microwave-steamed broccoli, and sesame chicken.  It took like ten minutes, and most of that was waiting for the chicken to cook through, during which time I was also making breakfast.  Bento really doesn't have to take much time or effort once you get the hang of it; it's an almost seamless integration into our schedule.  Low-stress is the name of the game!

The sesame chicken was made by taking pieces of chicken thigh, pressing them on a place of black sesame seeds, and then cooking them in a bit of oil.  However, I kind of forgot to put anything else on them, so they were kind of bland.  Needed salt, or soy sauce, or something to add flavor. 

So it was a pretty bland bento, but nutritious and definitely not bad.  Simple wins.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have thoughts about my posts? Put 'em here!!