Friday, April 24, 2015

bento friday: adorable heart edition

For this friday's bento feature, I made good use of my heart-shaped silicone muffin cups.  Those things are dang useful for containing all sorts of stuff.  However, they're only one size, so the teriyaki sausage and bell pepper stir fry is split between two of them.  Oh well.

And yes, that's an onigiri.  I'm pseudo-paleo, and rice is tasty sometimes.  Whatevs.

Underneath: miso-ginger zucchini and broccoli.




Have I told you the magic thing about fresh ginger?  I adore fresh ginger, but was always buying a piece, stashing it in the fridge, and using maybe a third of it before it got either all moldy or desiccated.  Sadface.

Then I learned a thing!  Here's the secret: you can grate frozen ginger

Now I keep my ginger in a baggie in the freezer, and just pull it out and grate it directly into whatever I'm making.  No need to remember to defrost, no more food waste, and no more "I totally have ginger, no prob... oh, it's a ball of mold.  Oops."

BOOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have thoughts about my posts? Put 'em here!!